Dr. Douglas W Kaplan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas W Kaplan?

This Doctor does not get back to you with your results, when I went to see him for a exam he didn't look at my chart and didn't even know what I was there for there. I am experiencing terrible pain and can't get any results. Very disappointed.

Kind Effective and discerning

I would highly recommend Dr. Kaplan. Not only for his skill as a Neurologist, but for his compassionate treatment of patients also. He is very methodical and organized in his approach to treatment.

My previous neurologist left and divided his patients into three groups, me being into one of the groups going with Dr Kaplan. He felt he was the best fit for me. I for one like the Dr' s bedside manner, he's very personable, but seems to be to involved with my migraine headaches and not tremors and seizures. None of the procedures that were used on me by my previous Dr.are ever used by Dr. Kaplan. I wonder if I'm wrong or losing it.

Disappointed

Dr. Kaplan has a pleasant bedside manor and is personable enough. He doesn't rush thru your appointment, is very patient, and a great listener. With that said, he didn't elaborate much when he "explained" things; my Qs were too often met with bare bones "yes" or "no" type answers. I also felt from him a lack of concern; he seemed somewhat aloof, yet was friendly. He wasn't as thorough as I'd come to believe from reading other reviews and I felt that my concerns were rather dismissed rather than delved further into. However, he did order an MRI, although it seemed as though it was more to humor me than out of concern.

Migraine Miracle Doctor

Dr. Kaplan has been a huge blessing in my life. I have had migraines since I was 13 years old so I have tried about every medication out there. I found Dr. Kaplan several years ago and he has helped me find medications that work for me every time. I used to have to go to the after hour clinics several times a month and I have only had to go 1 time in the several years he has treated me. He always goes above and beyond. His staff is amazing and you always feel like family in his office.

Make An Appointment Somewhere Else ...

Rude person (Ashley) making appointments. Brenda, the office manager is one of the rudest people I ever spoke to.

after 20+ yrs with headaches , I no longer suffer

Dr. Kaplan has set the bar higher than any doctor I've seen!

Dr. Kaplan is amazing! He is a shining example of how all doctors should be. He comes to the door and takes you back to his office. He reads over your file patiently in front of you so he can ask any questions he has. He takes all the time you need to discuss your case and answer all questions. I NEVER feel rushed like with other doctors. He writes the most accurate reports I have ever seen. As a speech pathologist, believe me, I have seen plenty of inaccurate ones over the years. He does not lie like some other doctors and say that he did tests on you that he didn't. He is careful to get his facts straight. I would recommend him to everyone who wants a great caring doctor who listens and tries his best to help you. All doctors should try to follow in Dr. Kaplan's footsteps and really care about their patients rather than how fast they can rush you through and get your money. I am in awe that such a doctor exists and especially that he has treated me with such respect when I was sent to him by workman's comp. Now that I have shared how great he is I hope I will still be able to get in for my appointments! LOL!

Appointment much easier to get when referred. First Dr. ever to personally return a phone call to his office, not once but twice the same day! Listens to what I am saying, not trying to answer me before I get the question out of my mouth. Realizes as a patient I understand and have some knowledge as to what he is saying, treats me that way. I do appreciate that.

Great Doctor

Dr. Kaplan has been my doctor since 2002. He has always tried hard to find the best medicine for me. He continues to take well care of my situation. He always calls me back personally and I can call him at any hour if I need him. His answering service is very prompt at getting the message to him and he always calls me back promptly.