Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas V Klassett has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Klassett is an excellent doctor. I've been his patient for over 10 years. His bed side manner is excellent and he explains things thoroughly and I always trust his judgement. He genuinely cares and does not rush through appointments as many PCPs do, which is why there's usually a long wait time.
I have been a patient of Dr. Klassett's for many years even following him from his old location. He truly is one of a kind in the medical field. He is kind and patient and has always made me feel well cared for. I recommend anyone to see Dr Klassett and I promise you will never want or need any another family practice doctor!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Klassett for numerous years and have been very pleased with the quality of care he and his staff have provided me. He has helped me to accept my health short coming and has taught me how to deal and live with them each day. I would recommend Dr. Klassett to anyone who is in need and looking for a respectable, knowledgeable and caring physician. HE IS THE BEST!
Dr. Klassett is an excellent doctor. He is prompt and spends time asking questions to determine the problem. He doen't rush through the visit and he makes sure all of my questions are answered. Test results were promptly mailed to me with notes he wrote explaining anything questionable. I was very impressed with Dr. Klassett and his staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Klassett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Douglas V Klassett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichmond Primary Care, 1800 Glenside Dr Ste 101, Richmond, VA
Dr. Douglas V Klassett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.