Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas S Lee
Dr. Douglas S Lee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Jefferson, NY, with other offices in East Patchogue, NY and Smithtown, NY (and 1 other location). He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Lee is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital and Stonybrook University Hospital. Dr. Lee has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas S Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Insulin Resistance
- Women's Health
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Menstrual Pain
- Genital Warts
- Uterine Cervical Diseases
- Birth Control
- Urination Disorders
- Pelvic Exam
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Prenatal Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Female Infertility
- Pap Smear
- Pregnancy Complications
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
One of the rudest people I have ever met. I found a lump in my breast so I made an appointment to have it looked at. I was very calm and only went in because of my family history. He interrupted me numerous times. I'm not sure I ever got a full sentence in. He told me not to get hysterical (I'm shy and quiet and most definitely wasn't hysterical.) Then he couldn't find it and said well I think its just all in your head. Then when I showed him where it was he said," yeah o.k. well do yourself a favor. The next time you find a lump don't go around having everyone touch it, your mom, husband...the milkman." He was the only one I showed or even told! So rude. He said if its still there after your next cycle come back. He also said your family history is weak...basically if your mom doesn't have breast cancer don't worry about it. Cold, rude, nasty. All of my friends in the past have said bad things about him but I figured he appointments open how bad can he be? Worse than I thought.
Dr. Lee is the rudest doctor I have ever met. He made me very uncomfortable and berated me for refusing an exam.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Douglas S Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas S Lee in this video.
Dr. Douglas S Lee is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.