Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas N Miniati
Dr. Douglas N Miniati, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery, Surgery and Pediatrics. Dr. Miniati is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Manteca, Valley Childrens Hospital and Doctors Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas N Miniati has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Douglas N Miniati has the following 6 expertise
- Kidney Cancer
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Reperfusion Injury
- Lung tumor (Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation of Lung)
- Heart Transplantation
Dr. Douglas N Miniati is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Miniati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Douglas N Miniati accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
Locations & DirectionsUcsf Medical Center, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas N Miniati in this video.
Dr. Douglas N Miniati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.