Dr. Douglas B Moreland Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Douglas B Moreland?

“Get proof of insurance participation in writing”

Just made appointment for a second opinion. My issue was with the appt. clerk. I stated I would see any Dr in the practice as long as they take my insurance. The clerk stated Dr. Moreland belonged to my carrier. But, then I was billed $112.94, instead of my $20.00 co-pay. Now they are telling me I have to pay the extra $92.94; the bill gets applied to my deductible because he does not belong to the plan. I tried to pay my $20.00 co-pay on the day of the appt. and she said "we'll wait to see what the ins pays" - now I know why. UNFAIR

Sadly disappointed

Very arrogant. Would not recommend to anyone.

Steve

Experience was great , helped my problem immediately with minimal pain and down time

Had a micro disc

He was a real jerk, when I went in for follow up the pain was far worse then it was before surgery. He said...well every surgery doesn't go well! Have more nerve damage and he said...I can't do anything more for u, and sent me to a pain managing dr.

I was most impressed with the amount of attention and care I received. Office staff always attentive and polite. Dr. Moreland and Lindsay took their time explaining and answered any questions I had. Very comfortable office.

does back surgery and then blames stiffness on my age which is only 63! I wasn't "stiff" before surgery doc- so what did u do!!!! And 63 is Young!

awesome, only thing I might change, that he, they read the records more thoroughly..Loved all of them... Impressed with the longevity of the staff in the office, etc..

I have been to Dr Moreland's office twice and have been taken back to be seen immediately. Almost zero wait time. All staff very friendly and professional. Dr Moreland spent all the time I needed to answer all my questions. At no point did I feel my appointment was rushed like I have felt with other Providers. I just had a spinal fusion by Dr Moreland and was up moving around after two days. I am now home recovering and cannot believe the pain relief from surgery. My left leg is no longer numb. I have surgical pain but that is expected. I would recommend Dr Moreland and his staff to anyone with spinal issues. I could not be happier with the care I am receiving.

Dr Moreland is an extremely well educated surgeon with a patient satisfaction seunnel surgeries and one major open back surgery

Potentially the worst doctor I have ever had. Besides being a poor physician and condescending, the majority of the information in his report that I received was incorrect, and even the information I gave to him verbally was recorded incorrectly.

Stay away from spinal fusions - do your research and get second opinions

My primary wanted me to seek a neuro consult after an MRI revealed issues with my L4-L5. I did my research and sought Dr. Moreland, who I read was pretty conservative. I went for my consult and was shocked he was suggesting a spinal fusion. While I have had episodes of pain...I have not felt loss of quality of life...I go very long stretches without any issues. I did appreciate he said to get a second opinion. I did and was happy to hear I was not a candidate for the surgery....three criteria to look for...loss of quality of life (you can't get out of bed..ever), numbness and tingling, loss of control with bathroom abilities. I have had none of these! Make sure you do your homework! If you do a spinal fusion, the average span of time where you have no pain is three years...and then you're back for more!!! You can always have the surgery...you can't undo it! Stay away...seek opinions from physiatrists or physical therapists! My life was saved!

His assistant examined me but he never did, instead he stood at the doorway & stated there was nothing he could do, that my problem was from aging. Thank goodness I got a second opinion , had surgery & now my problem has been resolved. I would never refer anyone to him!

Dr. Douglas B Moreland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.