Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas P Morgan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Douglas P Morgan has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Douglas P Morgan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Douglas P Morgan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Morgan is a bit questionable that he rarely discusses things with the patient and does control the flow of the conversation in a way which he sees fit. Sometimes he uses the same conversation over and over, appointment after appointment. Does not accept health insurance in most cases, which is a hassle but halfway understandable.
While getting an appointment is usually easy, the appointment itself can be a trip. He will usually go off on tangents that range from pornography, to politics, to discussing past and current patients and their problems, which is a major violation of Doctor/Client Priveledge. Sometimes it is hard to tell if he is actually fully mentally present for the appointment. The office does need some work. He has a receptionist that seemingly comes and goes as she pleases. And sometimes you run into a situation where you are running low on medication, try and call in during business hours to schedule an appointment, but no one is manning the phone. It is rather aggravating to call in, and hear the "the office is now closed" message for an entire day, knowing they are open. If your appointment is at 1pm, be prepared to wait till 1:30 or so, as he is not prompt.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1972
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Douglas P Morgan accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
Locations & DirectionsDouglas Preston Morgan Md, 1100 NE Loop 410 Ste 504, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Douglas P Morgan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.