Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas J Mund
Dr. Douglas J Mund, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with another office in Bethpage, NY. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mund is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas J Mund has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Arrogant!!! Very condescending! And he made the wrong diagnosis!!! He didn't do the correct bloodwork! Just ran a few simple tests and not a battery of tests for autoimmune diseases. Mund misdiagnosed me with PMR and I spend 4 months on Prednisone blowing up like a balloon. Luckily I found a good rheumatologist who correctly diagnosed RA. Mund is a Horrible Doctor. Feels he so superior when he's so inadequate. Stay away!!
I have been in practice for 34 years in NYC,as a doctor, and I have never met a "clinician" who in my opinion and personal experience is as arrogant, distant and sarcastic as Dr Doulas J. Mund. Both my wife and myself were negatively effected by his demeanor, and in my view and experience ,he really should step back, and evaluate what he wants to do with the rest of his life. I don't believe patient care, in my experience, is his game.
Dr. Mund is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Douglas J Mund accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas J Mund in this video.
Dr. Douglas J Mund is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.