- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas N Lurie Jr has 2 locations
Dr. Douglas N Lurie Jr has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Douglas N Lurie Jr has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Douglas N Lurie Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Douglas N Lurie Jr
Dr. Douglas Lurie is an orthopaedic surgeon with board certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with subspecialty board certification in sports medicine. Dr. Lurie graduated from Birmingham Southern College as a Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management. Dr. Lurie graduated from the University of South Alabama School of Medicine where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. Dr Lurie completed his Orthopaedic Surgery internship and residency at Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans, where he was a chief resident. Dr. Lurie has experience in sports medicine, adult reconstruction and fracture care. Dr. Lurie performs total hip, knee and shoulder replacements as well as numerous arthroscopies of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Lurie specializes in sports injuries of the active adult. Also, he has special interest in providing the evaluation and treatment of the workers compensation injury patient so that these patients can return to the work force as quickly and safely as possible. Dr. Lurie treats workers compensation patients at OANO and also at Concentra Medical Centers in the New Orleans area.