Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Douglas N Naversen has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Douglas N Naversen has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Douglas N Naversen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Sensitive, Smart, and Fun
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas N Naversen - Posted on September 17th, 2016
What I most appreciate is the doctor's desire to do right by his patients and profession. Thumbs us!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas N Naversen - Posted on August 9th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas N Naversen - Posted on May 25th, 2015
Don't go here.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas N Naversen - Posted on December 26th, 2013
Took my daughter here for acne..right away got put on the most expensive treatment Acutane, then got charged even more for pregnancy test's because they failed to log them in, even though it was all coming out of my pocket,was treated extremely rudely by his nurse every visit and that's after we had to wait over an hr each time just to take a pregnancy test and walk out. Horrible experience. If you'd like to be treated nicely go somewhere else.
Longest wait ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas N Naversen - Posted on April 16th, 2013
I waited for 30 min out in the lobby, when I asked how long it would be they were quick to put me in a room where I waited for at least another 30min. I'm currently sitting in the office and still haven't been greeted by the doctor or a nurse! When I asked the receptionist about time she said it was common for him to be late by 45 min. This is crazy, I will not be coming back!
45 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Douglas N Naversen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDERMATOLOGY AND LASER ASSOCIATES OF MEDFORD LLP, 2959 Siskiyou Blvd, Medford, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas N Naversen, MD - Dermatology in Medford, OR, in this video.
Dr. Douglas N Naversen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Medford, OR.