Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Neilson
Dr. Douglas Neilson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD, with another office in Yankton, SD. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Neilson is affiliated with Royal C. Johnson Veterans Memorial Medical Center, Avera Sacred Heart Hospital and Avera St Benedict Health Center - CAH. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Neilson has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Neilson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Royal C. Johnson Veterans Memorial Medical Center
Avera Sacred Heart Hospital
Avera St Benedict Health Center - CAH
Wagner Community Memorial Hospital
Lewis & Clark Specialty Hospital, Yankton, SD
Weiner Memorial Medical Center
Lewis and Clark Specialty Hospital
Freeman Medical Center
41 Years Experience
University Of Saskatchewan College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Douglas Neilson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas Neilson in this video.
Dr. Douglas Neilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.