Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas J Nesbitt has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 52
Yes, appointments may be delayed sometimes, but this doctor is well worth the wait. I've seen Dr. Nesbitt for more than 10 years and I'm dreading the day he retires. He: is friendly and very thorough; answers all my questions; explains what to expect from medications and how they work; and provides economical alternatives. My appointments aren't over until we've addressed all of my issues.
My Mother has been treated by Dr Nesbitt for 25+ years and he has been wonderful to her! I was so impressed with his care for her, that I switched from my own PCP to Dr Nesbitt about 5 years ago, and have received excellent care from him. His office is busy, because he is one of those rare doctors that cares about you and spends the time required to diagnose your issues. I highly recommend Dr Nesbitt.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
44 Years Experience
University Of Ottawa
Graduated in 1974
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Douglas J Nesbitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDouglas Joseph Nesbitt Md, 120 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 460, Lexington, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas J Nesbitt in this video.
Dr. Douglas J Nesbitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.