Dr. Douglas Newton Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Newton?

Mother of adolescent patient

Posted on August 8th, 2015

This physician appears to be intelligent and well educated, but has the poor physician-patient (and parent) communication skills, is rude, and unable to establish rapport.

Even for KP standards, I can't recommend him

Posted on July 5th, 2011

Kaiser Permanente builds its entire mental health program on saving money. This means that you are paired with a doctor based only on his/her availability. Dr. Newton might be a fine child and adolescent psychiatrist, but as an adult, I found him to be condescending and unhelpful. I have a bipolar 2 diagnosis, and he was surprised that I seemed different from one appointment to the next - I seemed almost, well, bipolar. He isn't helpful in regular visits, he is terrible if I call in a crisis (I just need to learn to "deal with it,") and he arbitrarily added a personality disorder to my diagnosis that he can't really explain to me. I am figuring out how to get out of his care without looking like the flaky doctor shopper.

Posted on November 2nd, 2015