Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas A Nigbor
Dr. Douglas A Nigbor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gastonia, NC, with another office in Charlotte, NC. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Nigbor is affiliated with Caromont Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas A Nigbor has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Nigbor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Douglas A Nigbor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - CaroMont Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas A Nigbor in this video.
Dr. Douglas A Nigbor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gastonia, NC.