Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Douglas D Notman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Douglas D Notman has the following 15 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Douglas D Notman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Douglas D Notman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Patient communication skills are limited. If you want a doctor who tells you what to do, and you don't ask questions, this is the doctor for you. "Just do what I tell you." Knows his field, but does not like questions, will not consider individual patient metabolism or issues. Practices for "most of my patients" rather than the individual.
I saw him after testing by my primary revealed problems. Unfortunately, he doesn't listen, doesn't believe results of any tests he hasn't ordered personally, diagnoses without examining or talking to the patient (diagnosis, by the way, turned out to be completely incorrect), more interested in impressing the student doctor with him than in the patient. When I answered the couple questions he did ask me, he condescendingly blew off my answers because the facts didn't agree with his theories. THis guy should have retired years ago; given his pompous, god-complex, he probably should never have been in medicine at all. Maybe his attitude went down OK in the "olden days" or works with some elderly patients who still actually believe docs are infallible but today's patients are generally better educated about their health issues and treatments and won't tolerate this jerk. Get rid of him!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
48 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsADVANTAGE HEALTH, 245 Cherry St SE Ste 104, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas D Notman, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Grand Rapids, MI, in this video.
Dr. Douglas D Notman is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.