Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas L Odea has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Douglas L Odea has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Douglas L Odea has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I enjoy the friendly and professional staff. They always have responded to any of my requests or needs in a timely manner# Dr O'dea always greets me with a friendly smile and listens closely to me to fix my illnesses! I trust that he looks out for my wellbeing and happiness. He is a very kind and respectful doctor and very smart. I have always enjoyed my visits to him. His office is in a convenient location. Thanks...
I rarely saw Dr. O'Dea on office visits and considered his Nurse-Practitioner my PCP. When he did come into the examining room he spent more of the time in small talk than in listening to my symptoms. If I pressed, he would explain things pretty well.After I went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital for several days, his partner came to check on me regularly, but Dr. O'Dea never did. I thought he might have been out of town or something, though no one ever said so. Later I mentioned it at his office and was told that, at that time, he didn't make hospital rounds.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Douglas L Odea accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Internal Medicine, 7378 Yale Rd, Memphis, TN
Dr. Douglas L Odea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.