The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas W Orr
Dr. Douglas W Orr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Orr is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. Dr. Orr has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas W Orr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Showing 5 of 9
Seeing Dr.Orr the first time I was very disappointed with the waiting time and his office visit. I did not say a word about the serviceI really thought I would look elsewhere two ir three days latter Dr. Orr called me not a nurse or an aid but him He ask if I could be back in on a certain day and he would work me in he wanted to do some more test I went back and it was the best decision I could have made. After seeing how much time he took with me and how careing he was as well as his staff, I as well as my wife were very happy We found out why sometimes there is a wait and that is because of his concern for the patient and making sure he spends enough time with you I would advise Dr. Orr to everyone
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Orr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Douglas W Orr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Oncology, 3410 Worth St Ste 350, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas W Orr in this video.
Dr. Douglas W Orr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.