Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas L Packer
Dr. Douglas L Packer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Packer is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Health System - Albert Lea and Austin, Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato and Mayo Clinic Hospital Methodist Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas L Packer has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Douglas L Packer has the following 20 expertise
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Catheterization
- Bundle-Branch Block
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia
- Atrial Flutter
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pericardial Effusion
Dr. Douglas L Packer has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Douglas L Packer is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr Packer is the most genuine , caring , down to earth man I have ever met. One of the worst times in my life I was Lucky enough to have Dr Packer in my corner. He took time and explained everything and then saved my sons life. May God Bless him .
I saw Dr. Packer in 2007. I had not had my pacemaker checked for almost 2 years. He was great in getting me in his office even though it wasn't his office hours. He was able to fit me in between his surgery schedule and took the time to get my check done properly. His staff was very good and accommodating to helping me out. My friend who was with me at the time was ill as well and Dr. Packer took the time to take us down to the emergency room and get us in quickly so my friend could be hooked up to an IV to get fluids in him. I was very pleased with the care and concern Dr. Packer gave us.
This doctor saved my life, and that is to put it lightly. I think that he is very professional and caring. I am happy and blessed to have him as one of my doctors. When I feel uncomfortable about a procedure I automatically have my doctor consult with Dr. Packer first. He was top notch and really caring!!
Dr. Packer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Douglas L Packer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Douglas L Packer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.