Dr. Douglas A Palma Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas A Palma?

First impression good. Surgery and after care not so good

Dr, P was very nice prior to and at surgery. His follow up care was abrupt and rude. After almost 3 months I am in severe pain and he says it is normal.. I started PT immediately and went for 8 weeks and did everything I was told to do and more. I will not return to him and I would not recommend him.

I am extremely pleased with Dr. Palma and his secretary, Jenni. I was having a difficult time with another doctor and was referred to Delaware Orthopedics. I have had one surgery on my knee (and it is doing great), with the other knee yet to be repaired, and I have been very pleased so far with EVERYONE at Delaware Orthopedics and their Surgery Center.

Dr. Palma is a great doctor!

I had a knee surgery and a shoulder surgery by Dr. Palma and he has really helped me. He listens, is sympathetic and knows what he is doing. He is very knowledgeable and I am extremely happy with the care I received from Dr. Palma as well as his entire staff. He is an expert at this, so if you listen to him and do what he recommends, you'll be in good shape! I highly recommend Dr. Palma.

always rushed & not big on details

The doctor himself is pleasant enough. Expect to wait in excess of an hour for 3 to 5 minutes of the Dr's time. After my 2nd or 3rd appointment with him I typed up a report with all of my issues, complaints, etc. and handed it to him saying "I know you're pressed for time so I wrote up the problems I'm having". He also is not one to take an aggressive approach, he seems to prefer the long slow methods, which isn't very convenient when you have an injury and you're being told you need a knee replacement, but can't because you are too young and have to run after a 4 year old.

This guy butchered my husband!

This dude must've learned surgery at a butchery! He maimed my husband who's now crippled because of his incompetence!

Don't recommend

I wasn't satisfied with how my injuries were healing and I wasn't getting any answers from him. I waited too long to get an appointment and I didn't feel like he explained my injuries to me (how long it would take to recover, what to expect etc). During a couple follow up appointments he only looked at my xrays to see how my fractures were healing instead of actually EXAMINING me and checking how well I could move my leg. I wasn't happy and I got tired of waiting for answers so I went to another doctor to get the answers and treatment I needed.

Appointment secretary is awful!

Dr. Palma is fine, but he really needs a new secretary. She doesn't get back to patients, then lies about leaving messages--most of us have caller ID and can tell if anyone called. I almost went to another doctor because of waiting a couple weeks to hear from this person.

Support Staff Counts

The doctor is excellent, unfortunately his secretary, Terri, is rude and obviously incompetent.