Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas R Adler
Dr. Douglas R Adler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Skokie, IL, with other offices in Glenview, IL and Glenview, IL (and 1 other location). He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adler is affiliated with Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas R Adler has 4 locations
2501 Compass Rd Ste 130
Glenview, IL 60026
2551 Compass Rd Ste 115
Glenview, IL 60026
Book Online Now
Dr. Douglas R Adler has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Douglas R Adler has the following 21 expertise
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Colon Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Digestive System Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colonic Polyps
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas R Adler - Posted on April 20th, 2018
Dr Adler and his staff are incredibly friendly, warm and informative. The procedure performed was done perfectly and painlessly.The office staff and follow up are simply the best. The attention to my individual needs was refreshing and unusual.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas R Adler - Posted on October 19th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas R Adler - Posted on March 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas R Adler - Posted on March 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas R Adler - Posted on February 23rd, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Adler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
J F Kennedy Hospital
Dr. Douglas R Adler Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Douglas R Adler
We try to see patients as quickly as possible when they have a problem. We welcome questions.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas R Adler, MD - Gastroenterology in Skokie, IL, in this video.
Dr. Douglas R Adler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Skokie, IL.