Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Douglas Shelton
Dr. Douglas Shelton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amarillo, TX. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Shelton is affiliated with Baptist St Anthony's Health Sys-Baptist, Baptist Saint Anthony's Surgical Hospital and Northwest Texas Hospital. Dr. Shelton has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Shelton has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Douglas Shelton has the following 9 expertise
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Artificial Insemination
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
- Laser Surgery
Dr. Douglas Shelton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
Does not like questions from his patients, especially if you actually read up on your condition and know a little of what you are talking about. Could not keep my information straight and became openly hostile when my husband dared to questions one of his orders, even though later we found out he was wrong. There are much better OBGYNs out there, do not use this "doctor".
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shelton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist St Anthony's Health Sys-Baptist
Baptist Saint Anthony's Surgical Hospital
Northwest Texas Hospital
Northwest Texas Healthcare System
22 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Douglas Shelton accepts the following insurance providers.
- FirstCare PPO
Locations & Directions1901 Medi Park Dr, Amarillo, TX
Dr. Douglas Shelton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.