Dr. Douglas R Reed Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Douglas R Reed?

Avoid

If you are looking for a Psychiatrist that has compassion and empathy for you as a patient I would look elsewhere. He was very judgmental and didn't seem to really want to work with me, just wanted his way or the highway, even if it was impossible to function on day to day with the high dosage of medication he prescribed. Thankfully, I found a much better psychiatrist who was willing to work with the dosage and haven't had any problems since. If you are having trouble with Dr. Reed I would highly encourage you to look elsewhere.

I am NEVER putting my life in this man's hands again!

My previous psych MD had to retire suddenly due to health problems. HE was an excellent doctor and I was devastated when I had to be transferred. So there I am, at my first appointment w/Reed, and telling him that my antidepressant had plateaued and I was having suicidal ideations. What does Reed do? Writes a scrip for the SAME MEDICATION AT THE SAME DOSE. He also STOPPED prescribing the Adderall that my previous doctor was giving me for my recently-diagnosed adult ADD. On top of it all, he said to me that my previous doc was "incompetent." Cut to 2 weeks later and I was in the psych unit. Do yourself a huge favor and try someplace else; I'm going to UCBH. It's an hour from here but it's worth it.

Your Vet is Better Qualified

I have never had a worse experience with a psychiatrist in my life! Despite being diagnosed as Bipolar II for many years, he suggested that among other things my "moodiness" might best be helped by therapy. He was patronizing and impersonal, and spent the first 45 minutes of the initial evaluation asking me the same questions I answered on the 14 pages of paperwork I filled out a month prior to seeing him; he became hostile when I finally asked him if he read my chart or even glanced at it before my visit. He replied he had been too busy. I would not go back and see this man if he were the last psychiatrist on the planet; so much for a second opinion.

Psychiatry is not what he should be doing

I saw Dr. Douglas Reed for about 3 years for depression and anxiety. He never spent hardly any time paying any attention to my condition, just said, here's a prescription, get it filled, take it. Then went back for med checks thereafter. The meds he gave me did not work, just made me worse and had bad side effects. And every time I would see him I would feel worse instead of better. And instead of focusing on my condition all he did was criticized me and was very rude. I wanted a new doctor, but they gave me a big hassled about switching. I was told, just stay here and maybe it will get better. So I did, for 2 more years, and it never got better, only worse. I eventually said forget it and stopped getting psych care altogether. But about 5 months ago I was finally able to get into another place to see a different doctor and things have been great since. The doctor I see now pays attention to my specific needs and not just getting his job done for the day and going home. He put me on a med that is working great for me. I would not recommend Dr Reed to anyone. He's just one of those typical greedy doctors there to collect their pay and leave.