The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas N Robins has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Easy to make an appointment. I've never waited more than 10-15 mins. after my scheduled appointment time. Spends as much time w/me as I require... He picked up a suspicious area .... and ordered further testing....test results came back positive for melanoma and he was able to coordinate an immediate surgical procedure. The Doc. is good...and if your looking for a down to earth dermatologist I'd suggest Dr. Robbins.
I have been under Dr. Robins care for over two years but I will be finding a new dcotor as I am tired of the problems associated with having him as a doctor. Dr Robins himself seems very caring and willing to talk about what concerns you may have but that also puts him substanitally behind in seeing his patients unless you are one of the 1st patients of the day. He either needs to elimiate some of the daily appointments or move quicker through them. His office staff is very difficult to deal with and lack the professionalism. They do not review files before they return phone calls and they do not carry through on items they say they will. He will only schedule apointments 2 months ahead of time which can cause conflicts, at least with my schedule, and he cancels them even within that two month period because of changes in his schedule. Then he/his office staff will chastise you for failing to follow his "rules". I'm a business person as well and cannot tolerate this un-professionalism I see pervasive in the office.
After suffering with pustular psoriasis for 1.5 years, I finally found Dr. Robins through the Psoriasis Foundation. He was the only one who came up with a treatment that worked for my type of psoriasis. I think he is great!!
Dr. Robins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Douglas N Robins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas N Robins in this video.
Dr. Douglas N Robins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.