Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas J Ruckman has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Douglas J Ruckman has the following 3 expertise
Showing 4 of 4
Rude, accusative, no regard for proper care of a patient, falsifying your answers to his questions, mean, judging, never have dealt with such a horrible ER doctor before. He even made up things to put in his report and i have made complaints against him. Have met others who alo have made complaints regarding him. Highly recommend you demand Dr. Grillo if you end up with Ruckman.
Overall, I was offended by Doctor Ruckman and left AMA to seek treatment elsewhere. I won't go into specifics about the condition or (lack of treatment) but the triage nurse was so concerned, she came back to check on me twice in 55 minutes before he came to the room. He failed to introduce himself - wasn't wearing a name tag, then failed to introduce himself even though I pointed out that he failed to do so. I would recommend avoiding his shift in the ER at all costs. Choose another hospital - one that wouldn't employ him.
14 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Douglas J Ruckman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Spectrum Health
Locations & DirectionsSpectrum Health Ludington Hospital, 1 Atkinson Dr, Ludington, MI
Dr. Douglas J Ruckman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ludington, MI.