Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas S Bishop has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Douglas S Bishop has the following 22 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Kidney Disease
- Nutritional Support
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Family Planning
- Blood Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
- Urinary Incontinence
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
Dr. Douglas S Bishop is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Great practice. Low income or not, great practice in general. I've had the highest level 'boutique' practice in NYC at top hospitals in the country. And then thru divorce....lost my insurance temporarily and went thru a temporary financial hardship. I received BETTER care here then at the most costly 'boutique' practice. Staff was courteous and knowledgable. Walk in clinic is SUCH a plus (get there early.) Had a recurring infection that had been misdiagnosed by and Ivy League doctor, and the nurse practitioner correctly diagnosed and treated me successfully in one visit and a follow up. They see all sorts of things all day long, so their skills are solid and the scope of knowledge of preventive care, general care and specialties is impressive. I now have insurance again and a generous financial settlement that can afford the 'boutique' practices, but am staying with this practice as I was treated with respect and competency.
Very good bedside manner. I'd rather have him than my old internist. He talks, and he also listens. That's important to me.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
11 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2007
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDouglas Bishop Md, 24 Atno Ave, Morristown, NJ
Dr. Douglas S Bishop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.