The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Patton
Dr. Douglas Patton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. His specialties include Plastic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Patton is affiliated with Children's Hospital Oakland Main Hospital, Alameda Hospital and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Patton has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Hair Restoration
- Laser Resurfacing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I went in to see him and my visit with him was a discouraging one. I'm one who can take the truth, but a doctor should always give you the truth in a compassionate way as possible when it comes to your health. There was too much sarcasm and when there's too much sarcasm I get nervous and forget to ask important questions. His bedside manner alone is why I'm seeking another surgeon.
Not the doc for you if you don't appreciate an older sense of humor or are sensitive to certain things. Had I not been as comfortable in my own skin as I am. I think that I may have punched him in the nose when he told me I was fat. He is a sweet old man and I wish that I could afford for him to take one of my bellies away:-)
Dr. Patton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Alta Bates Summit Med Ctr -No, Oakland, Ca
Alta Bates Medical Center
Summit Medical Center
Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Douglas Patton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFirst Surgical Consultants, 365 Hawthorne Ave, Oakland, CA
Dr. Douglas Patton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.