Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas Sears has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 27
I had selected this Doctor based on his credentials and extensive background, however I was extremely disappointed after reading his client's comments (70% of them were Not positive), so I deleted him from my search. Needless to mention that as a mother, other parent's opinions are extremely important to me.
Having taken my young son to see this Dr. for over 2 years now, I can tell you he doesn't care for his patients. He spends so little time and doesn't listen when you have a question. He has his back to you the entire visit while at his desk and is not capable of having any meaningful discussion about the problems. He is robotic and just wants to get you in and out. Same 3 questions every time we are there and then goodbye and here's a prediction. He lacks true compassion and interests in his patients. He has some social skills issues, and perhaps, he needs a therapists for himself.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Douglas Sears accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDouglas Sears Md, 16055 Ventura Blvd Ste 670, Encino, CA
Dr. Douglas Sears is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.