Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas V Sepkowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 5
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
39 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Douglas V Sepkowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Specialists, 349 Henry St, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas V Sepkowitz in this video.
Dr. Douglas V Sepkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.