Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Douglas H Sigmon
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, VA, with another office in Gainesville, VA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sigmon is affiliated with Novant Health Uva Health System Prince William Medical Cntr. Dr. Sigmon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Although he is a good doctor, the level of service and responsiveness of his office is unacceptable. I am actually on here looking for a new doctor because it is next to impossible to get an appointment. Prescription refills are a nightmare. I cannot have suffering health due to the staff being too busy to respond, the appointments being rescheduled, or the office being closed during normal operating house. Absolutely unacceptable.
I have been a patient of Dr. Sigmon for almost 10 years and I can not make enough positive comments about his treatment. He is compassionate, down-to-earth, caring and very knowledgeable. He has taken excellent care of me and even gone out of his way on several occasions when I've needed to see him on short notice. He asks pertinent questions and takes the time to listen to the answers. I never feel rushed or like I am annoying him (even though I probably do sometimes). He's a great doc and I hope to continue seeing him for years to come.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sigmon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas H Sigmon, MD - Family Medicine in Gainesville, VA, in this video.
Dr. Douglas H Sigmon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, VA.