Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Smrekar
Dr. James Smrekar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX, with another office in Plano, TX. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Smrekar is affiliated with Frisco Medical Center, Medical Center Of Lewisville and Medical Center Of Plano. Dr. Smrekar has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James Smrekar has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. James Smrekar has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. James Smrekar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Smrekar is by far the absolute best doctor I have ever had to visit in my life. I only became a patient of Dr. Smrekar's after all 3 of my children had been born. I wish I had known him before. He has seen me through a lump in my breast, migraines, as well as my hysterectomy. Let's face it - going to the OB/GYN is not any girl's favorite thing to do - but Dr. Smrekar is by far my most favorite doctor to see. Actually - he is the only doctor I see for anything, then he sends me to whatever doctor he knows will take care of me - when it has not been his field of expertise. Thank you Dr. Smrekar for being the BEST and making me (and I suspect all of your patients) feel important - no matter what my issue.
Dr. Smrekar treats you as if you are family. Remembers every detail of your treatment no matter how long ago. The most caring and efficient doctor we have had the privilege seeing. Has never disappointed us.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Smrekar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Frisco Medical Center
Medical Center Of Lewisville
Medical Center Of Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
33 Years Experience
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Smrekar in this video.
Dr. James Smrekar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.