Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas W Robertson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He does not have a pleasant demeanor. He's not rude but he's not personable by any means. His body language and tone were so off- putting that I doubt I will be returning back. It's an awful feeling when you are a new patient requesting a full physical and new patient visit and also have a legitimate pain complaint following a recent accident and you're made to feel like you're a drug seeker or in someway inauthentic simply for having pain. I never asked for medications nor have I ever with any other doctor. I asked for new ideas for dealing with the pain when it does arise. It just saddens me that this may have been the perception based off of my pain complaint given by the nurse before he ever walked in the door to meet me. It was truly a surreal experience and as a medical professional myself, it was really disheartening. I very rarely see doctors, I take no medications and have never taken any pain medications, so it was extremely hurtful to have a physician greet me and interact with me in such a cold way. I do have to admit that after we spoke more he relaxed a bit but I will not forget for the first 10 minutes of the visit before he performed the physical exam, he made me feel as though he thought I was a malingerer.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Robertson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Douglas W Robertson accepts the following insurance providers.
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmerican Health Network, 12425 Old Meridian St Ste A1, Carmel, IN
Dr. Douglas W Robertson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carmel, IN.