Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Wegner
Dr. Douglas Wegner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with another office in Tucson, AZ. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Wegner is affiliated with Tucson Medical Center, Carondelet St Mary's Hospital and El Dorado Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Wegner has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Douglas Wegner has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Douglas Wegner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I was referred to Dr. Wegner from my primary care physician for a specialist opinion. When I finally got to see him he didn't introduce himself, and he only spent 2 minutes talking with me before he left. I honestly didn't know if he was done. I left without a care plan, prescriptions, or any advice what so ever. If you are looking for an orthopedic specialist I would look somewhere else.
Dr. Wegner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tucson Medical Center
Carondelet St Mary's Hospital
El Dorado Hospital
Carondelet St Joseph's Hospital Tucson
St Josephs Hospital and Med Center
University of Kentucky Hospital
Carondelet St Josephs Hospital
24 Years Experience
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas Wegner in this video.
Dr. Douglas Wegner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.