Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Douglas J Wigton has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Douglas J Wigton has the following 5 expertise
Showing 4 of 4
so missed and loved
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Wigton - Posted on September 25th, 2016
we went to him 30 YEARS..THE BEST!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Wigton - Posted on November 1st, 2015
MY HUSBAND AND I WENT TO DR.WIGTON FOR 30 YEARS. WE MISS HIM BEYOND WORDS. WE WERE HEART BROKEN WHEN HE RETIRED, HE IS SO MISSED. WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH TWO DOCTORS IN ALMOST THREE YEARS AND SEARCHING AGAIN. WE LOVE HIM DEARLY AND KNOW THAT HE WILL ALWAYS PROSPER WHAT EVER HE DOES BECAUSE OF THE WONDERFUL MAN THAT HE IS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING AND GOD BLESS YOU.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Wigton - Posted on January 12th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Wigton - Posted on November 2nd, 2009
This is the best doctor's office I have ever been to. I am a person who HATES going to the doctor, but since I have three children, I must visit regularly. My family and I are all patients of Dr. Wigton. One thing that has always disturbed me about doctor's offices is that many doctors seem to be in a hurry; they either don't listen, or they make you feel rushed. Dr. Wigton has always treated us respectfully, and has taken time to listen to and discuss our every concern. You can tell that he truly cares about his patients. Where other doctor's had failed with my youngest child's health, Dr. Wigton succeeded. He went the extra mile to find out what was causing her slow growth (she was in the 1 percentile), when her former 2 doctors had just conducted one lab test and said they didn't find anything. This is an amazing doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wigton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1973
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Douglas J Wigton Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Douglas J Wigton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.