Dr. Douglas E Williamson Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Douglas E Williamson?

Said all the wrong things

Dr. Williamson was my pediatrician until the age of 16. First of all, he is very homophobic. When he asked about my sexuality and I responded, he started gave me the third degree. Have I tried it, have I done such and such? How do I KNOW? Not at all supportive and invalidated my feelings. I also suffered from an eating disorder and he was very rude about it, and again not supportive or compassionate. In general, he just made me feel uncomfortable and disrespected as a young woman. I switched doctors right after the sexuality incident and it was a very good decision. Would not at all recommend Dr. Williamson, but Alice Peck Day in general is great (I still go there, but to a different doctor).

Type 2 Diabetes