Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Douglas Woelkers
Douglas Woelkers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and La Jolla, CA (and 1 other location). He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Douglas Woelkers is affiliated with SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL LA JOLLA, UCSD JACOBS MEDICAL CENTER and SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL ENCINITAS. He speaks Spanish.
Douglas Woelkers has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Douglas Woelkers has the following 6 expertise
- Clinical Research
- Hot Flashes
Douglas Woelkers is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Woelkers is an outstanding high risk OB doctor. He is caring, thorough and takes the time to explain in detail my medical issues with my baby. I have seen him several times and have never felt rushed. He called me to make sure I had follow up care and really cared about my baby's health. I wish all of the high risk doctors were like him.
I've seen Dr. Woelkers twice for ultrasounds (at Scripps Memorial LJ Perinatology), and my husband and I both really liked him. Dr. Woelkers is down-to-earth, pleasant, caring, and seems to be very competent and knowledgable. The ultrasound technician that worked with us (Romy) was also very pleasant and competent. Great equipment, too; new and state-of-the-art. Russell at the front desk is also great, and very helpful. Two thumbs up for all of them!
Woelkers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD JACOBS MEDICAL CENTER
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
Promise Hospital San Diego
Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
25 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Ucsd Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Douglas Woelkers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.