Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Ziegler
Dr. Douglas Ziegler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grosse Pointe, MI, with another office in Macomb, MI. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Ziegler is affiliated with St John Detroit Riverview Hospital, St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center) and St. John Hospital & Medical Center. Dr. Ziegler has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Ziegler has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Douglas Ziegler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I love this doctor. He takes his time talking to us, doesnt rush us out like other doctors. Always makes sure we are satisfied when we leave and all our questions are answered. He is prompt of course, hes a doctor, but still manages to take time for us. He remembers us. It doesnt feel like I am visiting and trusting my kids to a stranger. I seriously love this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ziegler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
36 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas Ziegler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grosse Pointe, MI.