Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dragoslav M Gvozdjan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Dragoslav M Gvozdjan has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Dragoslav M Gvozdjan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Dragoslav M Gvozdjan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 11
Far and away the worst psychiatrist I have ever seen. I have taken 2 Rx's for several years, which are commonly prescribed to treat their respective conditions. I changed insurance and needed a new provider. I sent medical records 4 days before my appointment. He told me a diagnosis I received years ago was inaccurate, because "most providers don't do it right." He does not trust medical records from other providers and does not read them. He told me that the Rx's I take, which have had a profoundly positive effect on my quality of life (at no point did he ask me about their effects), were actually not helping me at all, and doing far more harm than good. He came across as patriarchal and aloof, uninterested in my experience with either Rx, or the notes from other board certified doctors, collected over several years. He implied that people frequently sell their Rx drugs on the street. He said that my condition was most likely a personal rather than chemical issue. The experience was thoroughly awful. I wouldn't recommend this guy to my enemies.
Dr. Dragoslav M Gvozdjan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dragoslav M Gvozdjan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago Heights, IL.