Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Drake B Williams Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
Does not listen to patient's concerns. Prescribes unnecessary prescriptions despite raising objections to them. Lack of concern when said prescriptions aggravate and worsen the condition. Very defensive and accusatory when mistakes that were made by him were brought to his attention. Would absolutely not recommend. Only positive, was that most of the nurses were caring and friendly.
His staff was very nice. It's so hard to get an appointment here. Always! I recently strained my back and called to get an appointment to see what was going on (before I new I strained it) and they brushed me off as if i was seeking drugs. (I cant take any narcotics and he knows that). My mother goes to him as well and he proceeded to ask how i was doing and stated "she's a little slow isnt she?". After that comment i will never be back!
Dr. Drake Williams is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He spends quality time me, making sure I understand everything we've discussed. He is very accurate with diagnosing problems and he is very intelligent and has a wonderful bedside manner. It's comforting to know Dr. Williams has all of the best attributes one could possibly have.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
24 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Drake B Williams Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSeale Harris Clinic, 805 Saint Vincents Dr Ste 510, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Drake B Williams Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.