Great experience

I have been dealing with shoulder issues for years now and after meeting with several physicinas i came across dr stein. First off his office is conveniently located in midtown in a very nice and clean office space. Dr Stein was courteous, professional and an overall great guy. He was extremely knowledgable and took the time to explain to me what exactly is wrong with my shoulder and exactly how he is going to fix it (even drew me an easy to read picture for me to fully understand what was going on). Even though I am nervous for my surgery, i do feel extremely comfortable knowing dr stein and his amazing pa Dana will be by my side. Thanks GUYS!!!

kenny -executive

I am a marathon runner who had problems in both knees post race problems. I visited with Dr. Stein who diagnosed me, scraped the meniscus in one knee, repaired the meniscus in the other knee. He was a very considerate, efficient and attentive doctor. I was very impressed with him and very pleased with the results. I would recommend him to any of my associates.

Would absolutely recommend Dr. Stein to friends and family

Terrible Experience!!

Dr. Drew Stein just doesn't listen to his patients. He's an awful communicator and trying to understand what he's saying is like pulling teeth. Dr. Stein has the communication skills of a 3rd grader. He's indifferent and disengaged. I tried to hang with him for five or six appointments and then easily found someone else who understands patients and knows how to talk to people. I'm glad I didn't stick with Stein.

Thank you!

What a great doctor! Being a runner for years and training for a marathon I really hurt my knee bad this time! It was so frustrating to have come to such a road block during my training. But just one year after my surgery with Dr. Stein, I am running 10 plus miles and getting ready for the big race. Not only was I impressed with my recovery, but he put me at ease before surgery and really took the time to answer all my questions. Thank you Dr. Stein!

The Bees Knees! Literally! (He saved mine!)As a young 30-something year old female athlete who runs, teaches yoga & spin classes, plays tennis, mountain bikes, hikes, horse bike rides, weight trains, ballet, swims and my above all favorite fervor, surfing, you can only imagine the devastation of sustaining a serious injury and the sinking feeling of knowing that surgery is the only option for repair.I met Dr. Stein at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases on an even more (personally speaking) dreary winter day. I had torn my ACL in the midst of one of my athletic activities. Going to the hospital when your expecting bad news is like walking off to the gallows. In my case, I gimped over to an all too familiar scene. However on this day, I find myself on the other end.As a recent grad myself from NYU in my own medical program, I felt more at home going to a hospital I was familiar with despite all the recommendations I was getting, including the hospital that I work for now. As a New Yorker, options here in general are limitless and that includes where you decide to go for health care. Stars that be, Dr. Stein happened to be on the hospital floor that day, and I consider that fortuitous, as who knows whom I would have ended up with as my surgeon if it were another doctor who came in to see me. After receiving my MRI results and being told to make an in-office appointment to discuss surgical options with Dr. Stein, I did what most do: started to ask around for recommendations and second opinions. I feel inclined to preference this, but during my medical rotations while still in school at NYU and interning at many other reputable NYC hospitals including Hospital for Special Surgery, New York Presbyterian Cornell and Columbia, Mt. Sinai, Beth Israel, Roosevelt, etc I came to find out through inquiry of other medical professionals and consumers alike, that I was indeed with one of the best. So as you can see, I knew the inside ring to be inquisitive enough with, even after knowing and seeing the work of many other surgeons in NYC hospitals, I stayed with Dr. Stein. In retrospect, I couldnt be happier with my decision still. He explained my options and gave his honest professional opinion on each while giving me the freedom to choose what was best for me, not pushing one method over another. He was also patient in answering all concerns and any concoction of a question I could come up with. (The thousand and three things that run through your head!) So it is with the up-most pleasure and humor, complete professionalism, honesty and Dr. Steins gifted hand in his craft that I had such a successful surgery and positive recovery. As a girl, I was also very concerned about scarring and while admitting to my vanity, I must say EVERYONE that has looked at my leg since is in disbelief that I even had surgery! My scar looks like a scratch! I can still show my legs without feeling insecure about train-tracks running up & down my leg! He was thorough, followed-up, checked in regularly & was always receiving when I dropped in to say hello and challenge him with my next question of Can I do this yet? (Including Trapeze school just for sheer shock value. The look on a surgeons face after surgery with such questions is priceless! But trust me, the event is still pending on my lifes to-do list). But Dr. Stein was always honest and realistic with what to expect with my recovery and when I would be able to return to certain activities. His in-office staff is very accommodating and patient; and this I mentally noted as I called more than a few times two weeks prior to my surgery changing my mind on allo vs auto-graph for my knee (FYI, I went with allo-graft, and very happy I chose it for myself). If I were one of his secretaries on the other end of the phone, I would have strangled my indecisive self with the cord! But also not to forget to mention his staff at NYU Out-Patient Surgery Center on E38th and 1st, they too were awesome and had me relaxed, laughing and in good humor before going under and after. The facility I found to be very mod and cutting edge.I am now 7mths post-op and pretty much back to normal. Im back to running, yoga, cycling, etc, and best of all, my beloved SURFING! As I continue on to play hard and train hard, Dr. Stein has now inherited a lifer! Although I pray I never need major surgery again on any other joint in my body, but if I need to, I know exactly who to see! Rockstar! Dr. Stein, a thousand times, thank-you for everything!

Great experience!

-Friendly office staff-Doctor responded to my e-mails promptly-Very informative and did not pressure me into surgery right away

Friendly staff.Got my MRI authorization same day.Would definitely recommend office to family and friends.

Excellent front desk staffQuick and painlessTreats you like he would treat his friends and family!

Great doctor!

This was by far my best specialist doctor's office visit. I was able to fill out the paperwork before I got there off the website, walked in and was seen immediately. The office itself was very nice and the office staff was helpful and friendly. Dr. Stein was attentive and diagnosed my knee problem perfectly and I was up and running (literally) within 2 weeks! He showed me some stretches to help my problem and explored non-operative options with me. If I do need surgery, I will return to him- would definitely recommend to a friend.

Dr. Drew Stein is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.