Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Druhan L Howell has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Druhan L Howell has the following 14 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
Dr. Druhan L Howell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 49
If we followed Dr. Howell's advice for our child then our child would be dead. Seriously. At the time she was in another practice and it is apparent that she was just trying to get to a different one. She never cared about our child's allergies. We had to see many other doctors to get the care our child needed.
I will not be back for allergy tests with this M.D. I went in for a full battery of tests and received an abbreviated test. Then was told that we do not test for a printed list 2 to 3 inches single spaced which included peanut butter, corn, etc. EXCUSE ME! I CAME IN FOR A FULL BATTERY OF TESTS TO DETERMINE MY SENSITIVITIES. Somehow this physician's logic or lack thereof escapes me and I would be better off with another allergy doctor since I am still sneezing and breaking out in rashes.
Such a blessing to find such a great immunologist in Mobile for my daughter. Diagnosed her with an Immunoglobulin Deficiency (IgA) and follows up annually to monitor her status and to make sure other Immunoglobulin levels are adequate. Makes sure to explain things clearly so that my daughter also understands her condition. Also follows my daughter for contact allergic dermatitis and other issues that have developed. We live on the MS Gulf Coast a,nd Dr. Howell is certainly worth the drive for the best care.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Druhan L Howell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Associates Of Mobile, 100 Memorial Hospital Dr Ste 1A, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Druhan L Howell in this video.
Dr. Druhan L Howell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.