Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Drury L Woodson Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Drury L Woodson Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Drury L Woodson Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Sadly I have noticed the only comment on here is acidic and insulting to Dr. Woodson. Let me first say yes, the wait time is long, but I have been his patient for close to 10 years now and have never once questioned his or his PA's knowledge of Medicine or Treatment. I am currently on no medication and am healthy as can be. That being said, even though the wait time is longer that usual, both the providers in this office will take their time with you and explain to you what questions you might have. Sure I have waited an hour to two hours before but he also spent an hour and a half seeing me so that all my concerns were fully addressed. The staff is genuinely honest and friendly as well as being very knowledgeable in their field. I will continue seeing this provider as long as possible. The PA that they have is also very skilled, I have seen her a couple of times when Dr. Woodson was not available and needless to say she was very thorough in prescribing the correct medication to treat my acute condition. I have the utmost faith in their abilities aside from what other commenters on here say out of anger or other feelings of resentment.
Both of my parents used this office for over a year. They never met the Dr. and were only seen by a female PA. I accompanied them for an appt. We were 1st appt. of the day and had to wait over an hour for the PA to show up. My mom was having mild memory problems so I wanted to check her meds. PA had her on 8 meds. When I researched online, several were not to be used together, in the elderly, several caused anorexia(explained her sudden weight loss of 80+ pounds)and could lead to memory loss. We never returned. I began the process of weaning Mom off meds with Dr. supervision to see if we could halt the memory loss. In a year she was on no meds and physically thriving. But ALZ continued on. I care for her 24/7...she is in the last stage of ALZ. I would strongly caution against using this practice.
- University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Drury L Woodson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Primary Care Specialists Pa, 622 Highway 3, La Marque, TX
Dr. Drury L Woodson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Marque, TX.