Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Duane M Smith has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Plastic Surgery within the Head & Neck
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Voice Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My daughter had surgery under Dr Smith's care. The first day post op, she had an adverse reaction to the antibiotics and vomited blood. We rushed to the Emergency Room. The ER Drs contacted Dr Smith's office and they quickly made room in his schedule for her to be seen the same day. Dr Smith very patiently checked over everything to make sure the ER Drs didn't miss anything. He even got my daughter to smile when she had been crying all day. We are both very happy with his bedside matter and attention to detail.
29 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Wayne State University
Dr. Duane M Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Michigan Ear Nose & Throat PC, 1500 Abbot Rd Ste 400, East Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Duane M Smith in this video.
Dr. Duane M Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.