Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Duane E Vanderslice
Duane E Vanderslice is a Doctor primarily located in Farmington, NM. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 5
He was terrible. Saw him in a clinic while pregnant and unfortunately he delivered my baby. Bad beside manner. Had an attitude like he was too busy to answer questions. Flat out didn't answer some of them. Palpated my stomach without warning me what he was going to do first. I hurt and I said so be he pretended not to hear. He read me information from the wrong chart and got me all freaked out. My delivery experience was traumatic. He kept threatening a c-section even though the baby wasn't in distress. He jammed his fingers inside me while I was delivering with no warning, it hurt so bad. I did most of my pushing with the nurse and it was going well. She was a great coach and I was in the zone. He came in and started yelling at me to push and it got me so frazzeled that I didn't push as well and actually started hyperventilating. Between contractions I asked him if we could go back to the nurse coaching me, and told him that the yelling was upsetting me and making things harder. He continued to yell! I finally yelled back at one point. It was horrible to be brought to that. Then afterward, he immediately cut the umbilical chord even though I had requested to keep it intact for a bit afterward and then have my mom cut it. He sewed up a tear without explaining a thing to me. He was dead silent. He didn't ask if my epidural had worn off (It completely had) and he sewed me up without any general anesthetic in a very abrupt manner. After he did that he left and did not check in with me again even though he still had several hours left in his shift. He didn't discuss my tear or the delivery with me and I actually didn't know what was going on for a full 24 hours. If he is still at Columbia Memorial if I get pregnant again, I am going somewhere else. His care made me feel violated.
I gave birth to my first child with Dr. Vanderslice and my experience was so horrible I'm still traumatized 5 years (and 2 more kids) later. He's extremely rough and impatient. His bedside manner is terrible. My daughter was born with a cut on her head which either happened when he broke my water (which was excruciatingly painful) or when he gave me a very unecessary class 3 episiotomy. It took 6 weeks to heal enough to be able to sit and sex was painful for 2 years following. I hate Dr. Vanderslice and wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions816 W Maple St, Farmington, NM
Duane E Vanderslice is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, NM.