Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Duc N Tran
Dr. Duc N Tran, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Westminster, CA, with other offices in Lakewood, CA and Westminster, CA (and 1 other location). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Tran is affiliated with Kindred Hospital-Westminster. Dr. Tran has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Duc N Tran has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Duc Tran is a very sweet and knowledgeable. I am afraid of needles, but I hardly feel any pain whenever he has to take my blood or inject medication. Besides my arms, he has injected medication on my temples due to a swelling and I was surprised that it didn't hurt at all. He really has the medical/doctor aspiration. I live 30 minutes away, but he takes good care of me, so it's worth it. The wait time is somewhat long because he really engages and diagnose throughly with patients.
Scheduling appointment(s) is useless and the doctor is incompetent, and doesnât listen to patient(s). I scheduled an appointment to see the doctor for a âcheck-upâ. The staff kept on claiming that I was coming in for a âphysicalâ and was going to make me wait 2 extra weeks to see the doctor. When I informed the staff that I just wanted to come in for a check-up and get meds, they blamed me for saying âphysicalâ instead of âcheck-upâ. (Ahem.) When I came in on the day of my appointment (25 minutes early), the staff still said âphysicalâ. (Ahem again.) I got called in 8 minutes before my scheduled appointment time to weigh in and check my blood pressure. I was then sent to one of the offices for a check-up. The doctor didnât come in to see me until 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. I didnât get out of the doctor until 1 hour or so after seeing the doctor because he left me to check up on other patients. Incompetent: 1. I heard him talking to one of his other patients; he didnât even know her profile and said, âyou have diabetes, right?â The patient answered back and said that she doesnât have diabetes. (What doctor doesnât read a patientâs profile / file before talking to him/her?) 2. I came in because I have the sniffles, coughing, and a cyst growing near my thigh area (making it difficult for me to wear clothes and walk). I have had cysts grown on my body before â not near my thigh area but on my ears. Therefore, I know whatâs going to happen to the cyst(s) in the beginning, middle, and end stages. I asked the doctor for antibiotic medication (oral and ointment) to take for the cyst and to put on for when the cyst breaks / pops. Plus, when he did a check-up of my thigh area of the cyst, there were scabs on my legs (I needed the ointment for these, too). He said that I only needed antibiotic medication (oral) because it should make it disappear. (He didnât mention anything about the scabs on my legs.) Guess what? The cyst is still there but now it is popped and bleeding. 3. In addition, whenever I am sick, my asthma acts up (I have had a check-up with him before, he knows this and he admitted to me that asthma kicks in when people are sick and says that he can hear it in my breathing). At the end of the check-up, he only gave me 2 medications (oral antibiotic and robitussin) â no inhaler and/or oral medications for my asthma. I saw that some medications were omitted, so when I went to the pharmacy to order and pick up my medications, I asked the pharmacy to request the doctor to give me an inhaler and antibiotic ointment (for my scabs and when the cyst breaks / pops and bleeds). He only prescribed me the inhaler and said that I donât need the antibiotic ointment. Guess what? Now my cyst is broken and bleeding â making it painful to walk and wear clothes and it is staining my clothing with blood. Dr. Duc Tran didnât listen to me â especially when I know my own body and I have had experiences with cysts growing on / in my body before.
Dr. Tran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1990
Mount Vernon Hospital
Dr. Duc N Tran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Duc N Tran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westminster, CA.