More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Duke Ahn
Dr. Duke Ahn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Alamitos, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Ahn is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and California Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Ahn has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Duke Ahn has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Duke Ahn has the following 16 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Dr. Duke Ahn has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Duke Ahn is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
This Dr. talked down to me as if I were stupid, he is a heartless person. After I was told I needed surgery and my recovery would take 9 months, I cried - he berated me.
Dr. Ahn is wonderful. he put me back together after a work accident. one surgery on my shoulder and one on my knee. i had had two prior surgerys on my knee and no one fixed me up as well as Dr. Ahn. i am so greatful it him and so thankful that i had a friend refer me to him and she is as thrilled with the results as i am. anyone looking for a great surgeon just found the best!
I have had 2 shoulder surgeries with Dr. Ahn in the past 6 years and am very satisfied with his abilities as a surgeon. He is sensitive to patient needs. He tends to be quiet and seems formal at first, and I suspect more on the shy side than some people. My husband (who has seen him as a patient too) and I loved to get him to smile. Such a nice guy and caring doctor!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ahn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Duke Ahn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDuke Ahn Md, 3801 Katella Ave Ste 212, Los Alamitos, CA
Dr. Duke Ahn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Alamitos, CA.