The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Duke T Khuu has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Duke T Khuu has the following 13 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Duke T Khuu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I had an appointment with Dr. Khuu for removing tiny a dark one spot on my face. First, the doctor was greedy to take my insurance and told that I only need to pay a co-payment. After spending his time a few minute to put a medicine on my face. I went home and few days later I called the office to report that the medicine did not take affect. I received a bill for +$300 and still get charged for the next visit for co-payment. I asked him to give a treatment for free this time because it did not work last time. He refused it. I do not believe doctor Khuu just want to take your and insurance's money. His staff should do a diligence to find out how much it costs and how much a patient should pay up front. He also does not provide a quality treatment for his mistake. Before making an appointment to Dr Khuu, make sure that his staff to check your insurance and let you know the cost and how much you will be paid. Please, please, please, do it up front or else it will cost you a surprise of your money. Common, Doctor, you have to do your due diligence and tell the patient up front of the cost. I know you are making good money. But, you are not work hard enough and care of people's money! I am not recommending you Dr. Khuu.
Really can not understand why he is rated so well. He seems to be competent, but I cannot feel it at all. Very quick with my visit, less than 5 minutes, almost prescribe right away without deeply looking into my acne on the face! face creams is very expensive without informing me in advance. I will not come to visit him any way!
My wife went there for one scar/infection on her left chick. It was something which was coming up every now and then. After first visit, Dr Khuu gave her one ointment to cure and set up a follow up after 3 weeks. In the second visit, he told her that the infection is gone. And now she should use one cream if she wants to get rid off the scar mark. The cream costs $110 and it doesn't covered by insurance. They were really pushing for getting that cream. We didn't take that. After 1 week, the infection again came back. Now we are thinking of going to a different doctor. Mr Khuu's office seems like just running a business rather cure center.
I had sun and age spots on my face that was making me look tired and 10 years older. Makeup just made my face look dirty. I had tried over-the-counter remedies for years and nothing worked. I saved money to have a lazer treatment done for my birthday ($5000) but when I went to see Dr. Khuu, he suggested a face care routine that did not include lazer. I started to protest, stating that I had tried so many products and just wanted it taken care of once and for all. In his no-nosense way, he convienced me. There was no, "try this and we'll see how it works or we can do this" He just knew what the right solution was for me and he was right. He told me it would take 8 wks and wanted to see me 6 wks into it. At one week I started to see the difference at two I was sold. By the time I saw him at 6 wks I was singing his praises and I definately looked much brighter, awake and younger. My before-and-after pictures should be in a success magazine somewhere. My teenage daughter now sees him and she has had the same experience. You're in, you're out with no wishy washy advice, and the plan he lays out for you really works. My husband is next. Will he be able to help someone who still has acne at 43? This will be a big test.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Khuu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Duke T Khuu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDuke T Khuu Md, 889 Castro St, Mountain View, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Duke T Khuu in this video.
Dr. Duke T Khuu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.