Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Durga C Gaviola has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Durga C Gaviola has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Durga C Gaviola is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
Dr. Gaviola was recommended to me by another parent years ago when my first child was an infant. It was a recommendation well taken. She has been there for my children ever since.We know we can rely on her when we need her, just recently she answered a phone call at 4:30 in the morning when my Daughter was inconsolable. She made exceptions to see her so I didn't have to take my Daughter to the ER. Dr. G is really a great Doctor that deserves a great review. I will continue to recommend her.
Dr Gaviola is truly the best pediatrician and doctor that I have ever encountered. She cares about her patients and really goes out of her way to help my children. She has opened the office after hours when my daughter was very sick and that kind of courtesy is simply unheard of anymore. The staff is helpful and willing to assist when needed, and everyone is very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her as she was highly recommended to me.
Dr Gaviola is excellent she actually answers the phone after hours which is practically unheard of among pediatricians. She is always accurate when diagnosing my kids illnesses and is very pleasant to deal with. She came recommended to me and I would highly recommend her to others.
Dr. Gaviola is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Durga C Gaviola accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAMP-Sawhney OM, 1550 Park Ave Ste 104, South Plainfield, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Durga C Gaviola in this video.
Dr. Durga C Gaviola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Plainfield, NJ.