Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Durre S Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Showing 5 of 7
I do NOT recommend this physician for anyone. I have been a registered nurse for over 20 years and I am being completely honest when I say she provided horrible care for my mother. She ignored her initial complaint of leg pain which resulted in a blood clot moving from her leg to her lungs and when my mother cried with trouble breathing....complained of not being able to breathe..... this physician laughed and blamed it on psychological problems and prescribed her horrible sedating antipsychotic meds to shut her up. Thankfully my mom was sent to Pittsburgh by a different physician where she got a proper diagnosis and was able to be comfortable before she passed away. Please think twice before seeing this physician.
More than once I've had to leave a scheduled apt without being seen after waiting for over 3 hours. I have left messages daily for a week without receiving a call back trying to schedule an anual exam. My concerns are not addressed, and the Dr has no bedside manner. They refuse to let you view your own chart, and do not call with test results even when they are abnormal.
This doctor is not interested in the health of her patients, she is only interested in her own income. She orders blood work and then makes you schedule a new appointment to watch her write a prescription or to talk about the results, forcing you to pay the copay for less than a minute of her time. I was once asked to schedule an appointment (and pay the copay) just to have her tell me that my results are fine. She often forgets why you are even there. She has never answered my questions about any diagnosis, she instead acts impatient and defensive. The doctors office has also lost my charts and the results of my blood work and Ive had to sit in a waiting room while they find it. She has no authority to call in a prescription, all my prescriptions are called in by a doctor I have never met. The staff has been nothing but rude to me every time Ive either called or gone into the office. The office itself is dirty and crowded. I have absolutely no trust in this doctor, and that is a terrifying feeling. This is the worst doctor Ive ever seen.
Mc Keesport Hospital
Dr. Durre S Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAhmed & Ahmed Mds, 2121 Shelly Dr Ste 4, Indiana, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Durre S Ahmed in this video.
Dr. Durre S Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indiana, PA.