Dr. Dwan Turner Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Dwan Turner?

Cold bedside Manner

Posted on October 16th, 2015

Daughter just received the news that she had miscarried. No empathy from this doctor. When she gave us these results, she didn't even look at us but stared at her computer and then proceeded to ask what birth control she is going to be on since she is sexually active. Tried to question her about future pregnancies and risk level and as she continued to stare at her computer, she told us that she would have the nurse print out some info from the computer for us to read. Very upsetting that her bedside manner was so poor and she was absolutely useless in sharing any information that would have helped us or even make my daughter feel better. My daughter and her boyfriend absolutely refuse to go to this doctor in any future pregnancies.

Not recommended if you like to keep your schedule

Posted on September 10th, 2013

It seems every time I make an appointment with this doctor she decides to go on vacation, so I always have to reschedule. This has happened at least 3 times now. I finally got tired of having to deal with her and decided to go with another doctor at that location. It's disappointing because she performed the removal of a cyst on my ovary and I would rather use her since she knows my history, but if you are not going to be accessible to your patients, they will go elsewhere. And, with her, you have to schedule far in advance because she is in high demand, now I am not sure why.

Beware!

Posted on April 25th, 2013

I really would not even give one star. She has bad hygiene for starters. Looked like she hadn't showered in days. She never made eye contact with me. Faced the computer the whole time. I was concerned about my hormones being off and she acted like she could have cared less about what I was saying. She told me to go talk to my family physician about it. I told her I had lost 2 inches in my height she acted like it was no big deal. I told how mygrandmother died of ovarian cancer and my mom had dysplasia and she told me just because my grandmother had ovarian cancer that had nothing to do with me getting it....eveyrything I read says the opposite! She was so unattentive and beyond the worst Dr. I have ever been to. Please do not put your health in her hands!!!!!

Professional and Courteous

Posted on October 31st, 2011

Professional and courteous, Dr. Turner has always had the patient's health as the number one priority. Meticulous about details, her staff follows up with alacrity and discretion.I've never been to any medical facility that has actually seen me on time (immediately), so the 30-minute wait seems to be normal. This is what the health care system is these days, and unless you are under the care of a private physician this kind of wait time is nowadays the norm.

Very nice but would not recommend

Posted on March 5th, 2011

2 stars may be a little generous. I was checked in and taken back right away, the first 2 nurses were very nice and helpful. After almost 45 min of waiting the second nurse came in my room and asked me if i was doing ok bc she hadn't seen the Dr yet. About 10 min later the Dr arrived, she was very sweet, but when I tried to address concerns with her she basically ignored them (I'm a new patient btw) My options for birth control are very limited, asked what she would recommend, she asked the nurse give me a packet and left the room. I had to ask the nurse 2x if she was coming back bc I had some more questions for her. I was ignored by the other nurses at the front desk at check out and was told they were checking with the pharmacy for a drug interaction and would call me back later, no call.

Horrible doctor

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

Habitually late to just about every appointment. Would come in over 2 hours late and not even address it. Not even a, sorry I was late or a there was an emergency. Then she gets you out of there as fast as she can. Glosses over any questions you have. Performed an episiotomy on my wife against our express wishes, after which she drugged her up without warning to stitch her up. Was extremely late to the delivery even though she was the one who sent my wife into the hospital for monitoring hours earlier. She is the absolute epitome of why people are wary of giving birth in hospitals nowadays. Arrogant, cold and unconcerned with individual patients.

Posted on April 28th, 2016