Dr. Dwana Shabazz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dwana Shabazz?

Bad surgery

Posted on September 1st, 2016

I must say I actually did my research before going to see Dr. Shabazz and even though there were a few negative reviews, most were positive. Hence my decision to make an appointment. Dr. Shabaka made me feel comfortable with the information she provided for the procedure (remove a cyst on my scalp - surgery in her office). I decided to schedule the surgery. I went in for surgery, her nurse numbed the area on my scalp, then Dr. Shabazz came in to complete the surgery. It took much longer than I was originally told. Dr. Shabazz told me that the cyst kept breaking on her so she had to keep cutting my scalp. Finally, she was done and I was able to go home. The wound took the longest time to heal....more than a month. It took so long that my hairdresser and others in the shop were concerned, especially since they had other clients who had the same surgery and they healed within two weeks. At this time I sent Dr. Shabazz an email on her website. I still have yet to receive a response. I also called and left a message at the office twice, and still have not received a response, even though I stated on the voicemail that I was moving out of the area shortly. I'm stunned that she still hasn't called me back. To add insult to injury, the cyst is still there. I am looking into making a complaint with the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Posted on January 22nd, 2015

Listening and history taking is not what she does. She walked in jumping to conclusions and quick to write a proscription. I wasted my money. Very disappointed.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on October 24th, 2012

Dr. Shabazz is very, very well informed and very intelligent. She diagnosed my problems and told me what caused the problem and knew right away the medical termology of the problems I was experiencing. This doctor is #1 in my book.

Good Experience

Posted on July 3rd, 2012

Pleasantly surprised by the experience. Got an appointment 3 weeks in advance, almost no waiting time in the office. Received a full body dermatology exam with no issue and she didn't try to sell me any cosmetic dermatology.

Posted on February 29th, 2012

Dr. Shabazz was very efficient and polite. My only concern is with office staff. When attempting to refill a prescription, I made 2 phone calls to explain a situation with a refill, and asked if Dr. Shabozz could be consulted. They gave me a quick answer, without discussing with the physician (which is what I had asked). Because of this, I am forced to find another dermatologist for my son. I would have preferred to speak with the physician about this situation, to see if we could have worked out a solution. Instead, the receptionist (and office manager) ended up making the final decision on a medication question. This does not seem to be in the best interest of the patient.

Dr. Shabazz was very honest kind and caring. Her diagnosis was to the t!

Posted on February 21st, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Shabazz!

Posted on November 3rd, 2010

I recently saw Dr Shabazz for spots on my face that I was concerned could be Skin Cancer as well as Boils on my legs that I have on a regualr basis. I waited what I would estimate to be @ 30 minutes after signing in before I was taken back and placed in a patients room. Like most other patients I would once like to arrive at an appt. and have the doctor see me on time however that never happens no matter what doctor or dentist you see and so I guess that is why I feel like 30 minutes is an acceptable amount of time to wait.As far as Dr Shabazz's bedside manner, I found her very pleasant and informative. She took the time to explain what she was going to do before she did it and I had the opportunity to ask questions if I had any. I disagree with the previous reviewer who said she came across cold or uncaring. This was the first time I had ever seen her and didn't know anyone who had seen her before but I found her to be concerned yet remaining professional.Don't hestitate to schedule an appointment with her if necessary. I am sure I'll be seeing her again in the future.

Posted on August 31st, 2010

I have never had a problem getting in to see Dr Shabazz, often the same day. The staff has been courteous and professional & very friendly. I have referred many friends here without complaints. My husband sees her on a regular basis for skin cancer screenings/treatments without problems. While her manner is a little abrupt, she is professional, conversational, informative and knowledgeable.

Posted on August 23rd, 2016