Dr. Timothy Gammons Is this you?

1.8

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Gammons?

He was my family doctor for years, steer clear!

Posted on June 7th, 2017

My parents were given Gammons as a PCP. My family has had nothing but horrible experiences with him. He is very patronizing. Needless to say, every sibling of mine despises him, and we've switched doctors. My parents have too. They are aging and he's done enough damage.

He was my family doctor for years, steer clear!

Posted on June 7th, 2017

Subutex and Vivitrol peddler

Posted on April 27th, 2016

This doctor will only do two things for you; prescribe Subutex or the shot Vivitrol. He, at least with me, wasn't willing to prescribe anything for sleep, anxiety, or anything else. He told me after I refused sub that I'd relapse without the shot. So if you want Vivitrol or Suboxone go there. He did mention neurotin but never gave me a script. Seemed like he didn't wanna listen to a thing I had to say, just talked a lot trying to sell me on those 2 things.

TERRIBLE!!

Posted on April 20th, 2016

WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! He was rude and continued to ARGUE with my boyfriend and say "it's not his fault we chose to be addicts," and proceeded to call him bro. No one "chooses" to be an addict. Not professional & just plain right disrespectful. We went to him because we felt like we had nowhere to turn and it was a huge mistake. If you truly want help I suggest you go elsewhere!! TERRIBLE!! We're both been clean now with NO HELP from Dr. Gammons.. "The Addiction Specialist"

Posted on April 11th, 2016

It wont let me rate anything on this phone, but Dr Gammons has been a godsend to me. He is a good Doctor who knows what he's talking about. He offers free meetings on weekdays and listens and cares when I tell him about my situation. He offers great advice and is very positive. He compliments me and tells me I'm doing good, which is nice to hear and really helps. I would recommend Dr Gammons to anyone that needs help. He's truly been a lifesaver.

My son is the patient

Posted on January 9th, 2016

Dr Gammons was very imformative and seemed very concerned with helping my son continue with his sobriety. I was in the room with my son the whole time while Dr Gammons talked to him. I asked questions, my son asked questions and we listened to things that he suggest. He was so very imformative, unlike the last doctor that my son went to, That office was very difficult to get an appointment because they were a walk-in-clinic the said. The doctor never explained the medication to my son. plus, they did not except our insurance so my son had t pay $150 for the visit then about another $150 for the medication. (MACOMB MEDICAL) Dr Gammons office seems to be more concerned about the well being of the patient and not the how much cash they can get out of people. Please also remember to only believe a portion of the negative things that are said because people can get mad about things like: the doctor not giving meds to them because of them not complying, etc and they figure they will try to get back at him by writing something negative. I am thankful for Dr Gammons and his practice because there aren't many addiction medicine doctors to help all the people that need them. Unfortunately there are and were so many doctors that were handing out opiates like they were Tic-Tacs and now there are so many people that are addicted. The people that want to fix their lives have a hard time finding doctors that are in this specialty.Some of them give up and either cotinue on their road of trying to find the drug & further ruining their lives or go on to bigger drugs and they end up dead. PlEASE GIVE THESE DR'S THAT ARE CHOOSING THIS SPECIALTY SOME UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALOT MORE THAN YOU WOULD BELIEVE. HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HELP PUT AN END TO THIS EPIDEMIC OF OVERLY ABUSED PRESCRIPTION DRUGS THAT WERE GIVEN OUT WAY TOO EASILY. GOD BLESS EVERYONE

Not a pleasant experience

Posted on September 10th, 2015

The wait was over an hour, I am not an addict I was waiting for tattoo removal and was completely over looked by the staff. The physician was very rude and arrogant, never apologized for keeping me waiting, and I will never return!

Best Doctor you could ever find.

Posted on September 10th, 2015

HE is the best doctor you will ever see. Very smart, very compassionate. It is a great staff and office. Don't believe bad reviews they are the sad result of addiction and totally false. DR. Gammons is the best.

Caring Dr.

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Gammons too anyone who is looking for Great health care. He takes time with his patients and talks with you,not at you. He has helped me greatly in all my medical needs.

The worst

Posted on June 19th, 2015

Been a patient for two years. His staff has told me to go to the wrong office twice! I have had to wait up to an hour to be seen multiple times. I've been on the same stupid drug forever and not once has he ever talked to me about coming off it. He's arrogant and rude and has told me on several occasions to stop talking, that I'm there to listen to him. I went to his group meeting with a friend of mine who couldn't stand the guy and he's talked about him to me and told me things that I don't think a doctor should be sharing about another patient, friend or not. I think he has the attitude that because his patients are drug addicts that he's better than us. We are seeking recovery not judgement!

Dr. Gammons saved my life!!

Posted on June 1st, 2015

Dr. Hammond is AMAZING!!! He saved my life from a long road of addiction. He honestly cares about his patience. He is genuine and doesn't rush through my monthly appointments like my previous doctor would. He has a wonderful group that he runs himself every Thursday at his Royal Oak office and it is a wonderful group.

Posted on April 17th, 2015

Dr. G is an amazing addiction doctor.